That’s right, the Drunk Spelling Bee returns for a third installment! Afterwards, the hilarious antics of the On The Spot Improv troupe will round out the evening!
So, how does he Spelling Bee work?
We’re going by a modified Scripp’s National Spelling Bee format using their list from 2012.
- We will allow a maximum of 25 contestants so get there early.
- We will allow two misspelled words before you’re out.
- We will start with the 1st grade words, and work our way up to the 8th grade words.
- Spelling is according to the official Pronunciation guide.
- You may ask for definition, part of speech and a sentence demonstrating usage.
- Lastly, you must have an alcoholic drink in your hand when spelling.
Winner will have $50 of their tab paid for!
We will also have an alternate prize for the drunkest speller, as determined by breathalyzer. Of course you still can’t be too drunk to be in the bar. That would be illegal and unsafe!