Yup. It’s exactly what it sounds like. Come ready to spell!
So, how does it work?
We’re going by a modified Scripp’s National Spelling Bee format using their list from 2013.
- We will allow a maximum of 25 contestants so get there early.
- We will allow two misspelled words before you’re out.
- We will start with the 1st grade words, and work our way up to the 8th grade words.
- Spelling is according to the official Pronunciation guide.
- You may ask for definition, part of speech and a sentence demonstrating usage.
- Lastly, you must have an alcoholic drink in your hand when spelling.
Winner will have $50 of their tab paid for!