March 8, 2014 @ 6:00 pm – 11:30 pm
K-State Alumni Center, 17th Street and Anderson Avenue, Manhattan, KS, 66506, United States
Hosted for a seventh year by the K-State Harry Potter Alliance, the K-State Children’s and Adolescent Literature Community (ChALC), the K-State Department of English, MMC, and more. Proceeds will be donated to First Book.
* Seen and Unforeseen http://seenandunforeseen.bandcamp.com/
* Justin Finch-Fletchley and the Sugar Quills http://www.myspace.com/justinfinchfletchley
* Tonks and the Aurors http://tonksandtheaurors.com/
* Lauren Fairweather http://www.laurenfairweather.com/
* The Whomping Willows http://thewhompingwillows.com/
* Ministry of Magic http://www.myspace.com/ministryofmagicmusic
* Alex Carpenter http://www.youtube.com/user/AlexanderCarpenter
… and featuring wizard rock all-star guests, including…
* Draco and the Malfoys
* Jarrod Perkins
Join us for an amazing seventh (and final) H&H concert!
An all ages show. Dress is casual or your favorite wizarding outfit.
Tickets ($12) and t-shirts ($13) will be available for advance purchase at and for purchase that evening at the door. (Please note: Tickets and t-shirts purchased online will not be shipped in advance. To claim your advance purchase, please bring your PayPal receipt and a photo ID to the concert on March 8 when the doors open at 6:00pm.)
The Alumni Center is across the street from the Union Parking Garage. See for its location on a campus map.
Hotel reservations are available now at the Holiday Inn! We have reserved a block of rooms for the night of Friday, March 7 and Saturday, March 8. The cost will be $109.95 per room per night. To reserve a room at this rate, please call the Holiday Inn at 785-539-7531 by February 1, 2014 and mention the Group Code “HAL” and “Hallows and Horcruxes” as the event name.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
A few announcements, as we look forward to H&H7 …
* Ticket and t-shirt sales are now available from the ChALC website! Visit http://www.k-state.edu/chalc/HHBall.html
* Advance Ticket & T-Shirt Sales: Special Prize Drawing
Be one of the first 20 people to purchase a ticket or t-shirt online, and your name will be entered for a special prize drawing right at the start of the H&H Ball on March 8! (Please note: you or your designated representative must be present at the time of the drawing in order to win.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Driving Directions and Parking
To get to Kansas State University (and the Hallows and Horcruxes Ball!):
* Take I-70 to Exit 313, which is Route 177 and the main exit for Manhattan.
* Take 177 North towards Manhattan for about 10 minutes. As you reduce speed to 45 MPH and come across the viaduct into town, get into the left lane and continue straight forward. The first 4-way stop will be 4th Street.
* Take a right on 4th Street and go 2 blocks to Poyntz Avenue, which is the main avenue of the downtown area.
* Take a left on Poyntz and go to 17th St. Take a right on 17th St. and go 7 blocks through a residential area. After 7 blocks, you’ll almost be at Anderson Ave, and you’ll see the main campus gate straight ahead.
* If you’d like to park in the garage right across from the Alumni Center (and pay the hourly fee), continue on 17th and turn right into the garage. If you’d like free parking,…
* Turn left on Anderson and drive one block. Turn right onto Denison Ave. Parking lot D1 will come up quickly on the left, and parking lot A28 will be a little further up on the right. From there the Alumni Center is only a short walk away. (The following two campus maps may assist: http://www.k-state.edu/maps/ and http://www.k-state.edu/parking/2012-13%20campus%20map.pdf)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Here are some more details about the evening ahead –
* K-State student or local wrock fan? Tickets are available from the English Department main office (ECS 108, M-F, 8am-5pm), free to K-State students and $12 for all others.
* Our bands will be playing 20 minute sets (with 10 minutes between sets) in the following order:
Seen and Unforeseen (7:00-7:20)
Justin Finch Fletchley (7:30-7:50)
Tonks and the Aurors (8:00-8:20)
Whomping Willows (8:30-8:50)
Lauren Fairweather (9:00-9:20)
Alex Carpenter (9:30-9:50)
Draco and the Malfoys (10:00-10:20)
Ministry of Magic (10:30-10:50)
All-Star Wizard Rock Jam (11:00-11:20)
* The bands will be selling their merch as of 6:00pm when the doors open.
* There will be water available free of charge during the evening. If you get hungry and haven’t brought a snack with you, the K-State Student Union (across the street from the Alumni Center) will have food and soft drinks for sale (Subway, snack food in the Cat’s Den) until 11:00pm.
* From 6:30-8:45pm, we’ll have some hand-crafted HP items and other wrock-themed items available through a silent auction to raise additional monies for First Book.
* Just before 9:00pm, we’ll be doing a drawing for some free door-prizes, including some of Rowling’s favorite books signed by the bands. Be sure to pick up a ticket for the drawing on your way into the ballroom!
Looking forward to seeing everyone very soon for a great evening of wizard rock to benefit First Book!