Yup. It’s exactly what it sounds like. Come ready to spell!
So, how does it work?
We’re going by a modified Scripp’s National Spelling Bee format using their list from 2012.
- We will allow a maximum of 25 contestants so get there early.
- We will allow two misspelled words before you’re out.
- We will start with the 1st grade words, and work our way up to the 8th grade words.
- Spelling is according to the official Pronunciation guide.
- You may ask for definition, part of speech and a sentence demonstrating usage.
- Lastly, you must have an alcoholic drink in your hand when spelling.
Winner will have $50 of their tab paid for!
We will also have an alternate prize for the drunkest speller, as determined by breathalyzer. Of course you still can’t be too drunk to be in the bar. That would be illegal and unsafe!
Local music maven Tori will be having a bevy of bands to celebrate her birthday including Joshua Jay, The Vik G. Trio, Parallel Path and The Mathematics!
Rather than bringing her presents, please drop a donation to Four Paws Rescue of Kansas at the door!
Open to the public.
Doors at 7. All seating is general admission. A limited number of advance table reservations are available at The Cotillion or by calling 316.722.4201. Nancy’s Amazing Sandwiches will be here serving her Famous #8 and more!
We’re moving back to our normal time!
Come show us your musical talents and get a chance to move on to the final round at the end of the month where finalist will compete for $150 cash!
- Each artist/group gets 3 songs or 10 minutes to perform. If we have more than 9 groups signed up, this goes down to 2 songs and seven minutes.
- Electrified instruments are allowed, but only if they go direct or have small amplifiers, in which case they will be turned down to minimum. No full bands. The general rule is, if it can’t be set up in 3 minutes or less, we don’t want it.
- We do not allow singers to sing to tracks, this isn’t karaoke. If you are a hip hop MC, you can use tracks but only if they are original and have no main vocals in them.
- Want to win? Bring lots of friends! However, they must stay until the end of the night to vote.