A recent Jägermeister pool party in Mexico turned to panic after organizers poured four buckets of liquid nitrogen into the water, sending eight to hospital and leaving one partygoer in a coma. As you’ll see in this video, things got ugly pretty quick.
In what undoubtedly seemed like a good idea at the time, the staff poured the liquid nitrogren into the pool to create a ‘smoke on the water’ effect. People in the pool began to asphyxiate almost immediately. Some people fell unconscious and slipped under the water, as those outside the pool called for help. The man in a coma is just 21-years-old.